- KI5OMM Live Weather Webcam – Details and installation
- Cotton Region Shelter – Stevenson Screen. Build Your Own.
- Wet Bulb and Dry Bulb Thermometers
- Preparing the station for colder weather
- Davis Temperature and Humidity Sensor Sensitivity.
- Building a Fan Aspiration Unit
- Rain Gauge Measurement Calibration Procedures
- Rain Gauges
- Oct.1-The official start of the climatological record for KI5OMM
- A detailed tour of the KI5OMM weather station.
Recent CommentsNo comments to show.
Author Archives: Bud Brinkley
KI5OMM Live Weather Webcam – Details and installation
The live weather webcam installed at my station is a popular feature. Folks enjoy seeing a live time-lapse view of the weather. Some folks just like watching the cows graze in the pasture! Regardless of the interest, the station webcam … Continue reading
Posted in Weather Station Equipment Tagged camera, webcam Leave a comment
Cotton Region Shelter – Stevenson Screen. Build Your Own.
It has been standard practice since the 1800’s to take temperature readings in the shade. The reason is that direct UV radiation from direct sunlight can skew the temperature reading by a large margin and create false data. The original … Continue reading
Wet Bulb and Dry Bulb Thermometers
I needed suitable liquid filled thermometers to set up a fixed station wet bulb/dry bulb psychrometer. I searched the usual eBay sources and came up empty. I finally located a new-in-box sling psychrometer in the listings, so I purchased that … Continue reading
Posted in Weather Station Equipment Tagged humidity, sling psychrometer, wet bulb thermometer Leave a comment
Preparing the station for colder weather
It has been forecast that my area will have bitter cold temperatures for a few days next week. Now is the time to do a bit of prep work to make sure that the station stays online and provides useful … Continue reading
Posted in Weather Station Equipment Leave a comment