- Sometimes You Just Have To Step Aside
- Power Failure Today
- KI5OMM Live Weather Webcam – Details and installation
- Cotton Region Shelter – Stevenson Screen. Build Your Own.
- Wet Bulb and Dry Bulb Thermometers
- Preparing the station for colder weather
- Davis Temperature and Humidity Sensor Sensitivity.
- Building a Fan Aspiration Unit
- Rain Gauge Measurement Calibration Procedures
- Rain Gauges
- Oct.1-The official start of the climatological record for KI5OMM
- A detailed tour of the KI5OMM weather station.
Recent CommentsNo comments to show.
Author Archives: Bud Brinkley
Even the best laid plans can get sidetracked. I always try to plan for the unseen, and have alternatives available in case of technical problems of one sort or another. Today another type of interruption presented itself in spite of … Continue reading
Today we had some fairly significant thunderstorms in this area and of course the grid power went off for a few hours. My UPS unit kicked into gear and was holding the station equipment steady, but not for long.
The live weather webcam installed at my station is a popular feature. Folks enjoy seeing a live time-lapse view of the weather. Some folks just like watching the cows graze in the pasture! Regardless of the interest, the station webcam … Continue reading
It has been standard practice since the 1800’s to take temperature readings in the shade. The reason is that direct UV radiation from direct sunlight can skew the temperature reading by a large margin and create false data. The original … Continue reading