- KI5OMM Live Weather Webcam – Details and installation
- Cotton Region Shelter – Stevenson Screen. Build Your Own.
- Wet Bulb and Dry Bulb Thermometers
- Preparing the station for colder weather
- Davis Temperature and Humidity Sensor Sensitivity.
- Building a Fan Aspiration Unit
- Rain Gauge Measurement Calibration Procedures
- Rain Gauges
- Oct.1-The official start of the climatological record for KI5OMM
- A detailed tour of the KI5OMM weather station.
Recent CommentsNo comments to show.
Monthly Archives: October 2022
Building a Fan Aspiration Unit
One thing about the Cotton Region Shelter design is that it’s made of wood. Even though it is painted white, it still has a lot of thermal mass on the outside and it tends to unevenly heat the interior, especially … Continue reading
Rain Gauge Measurement Calibration Procedures
After a recent rain event, I noticed that The Davis tipping bucket rain gauge was not reading correctly. For comparison purposes I have it mounted side by side with a standard 4″ manual gauge of known accuracy. The 4″ gauge … Continue reading
Posted in Weather Station Equipment Tagged rain gauge, rain gauge calibration Leave a comment
The rain gauge that I use for the KI5OMM weather station is a tipping bucket design. This allows for automatic and unattended operation. This type of rain gauge is fairly accurate for most rainfall events. They do have a few … Continue reading
Posted in Weather Station Equipment Tagged Weather Station, Weather Station Equipment Leave a comment